We went to Guntersville, Alabama the weekend of Jun 1st. My family goes every year for a week of fishing and sunning. Oh, and eating! The boys were excited and Darryl was ecstatic. The drive over there is really nice. Lake Guntersville is absolutely huge and incredibly beautiful. I have often said that I am bummed that we really don't have any family in town near us, however when we do get together we always have some nice quality time and this weekend was no exception. Time I think we may take for granted if we did live closer. We ate my grandmother's homemade lasagna, apple dumplins, fresh fried fish, blackberry clobbler, just to name a few of the mouth-watering, delish meals we had. We won't even talk about the breakfasts, umm. We caught lots of fish and lots of rays. LB and I, I mean the boys had fun playing out on the dock in there inflatable turtle swimming pool. But mostly I just loved hanging out on the screened-in back porch with the fam.
One thing I took great notice of over the course of the weekend is how relaxed everyone seemed compared to me. Everyone seemed to know how to laugh at themselves and at each other. My grandmother is the quintessential fun maker. And who ever thought that blowing up an air mattress with a car battery at midnight could be so hilarious? I suppose that my revelation should come as no surprise given that I have had chronic hives now for about 2 months. But it was just nice to be around people that aren't so serious all the time. I don't know if it is city life or work life or what, but it so easy to be serious about something all the time. I am serious about my schedule, my work, my commute, I can even make a trip to the grocery store an intensely serious affair with lists, coupons, have the route planned out at the optimal time of day, etc. etc. People say that with kids you must be more structured and with that comes some level of seriousness. But seriously, have I gone overboard and totally lost sight of how to have fun? Occasionally. Something I am going to be working on in my near retirement. 12 days and counting. Here's some pics.... more to come later. Check out those white legs!! That 45 SPF really works.




1 comment:
Hi Kristi! My sister just bought a lake house on TN River near Guntersville, so next time you guys are going, let me know and maybe we can meet up on the water one day!!
The party looks like it was a blast as well. How fun, hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment